Saturday, September 27, 2008

Good Omens

I've just re-read Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.

This is a story of Armageddon. The Devil's son has been borne on Earth. The end of days is coming! The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse have ridden.

Unfortunately, the job of looking after the Antichrist was put in the hands of the Demon, Crowley, who used to be called Crawley, when he was a snake, or should I say THE SNAKE!

And Aziraphael of course. The Angel with the flaming sword who was put on watch to guard the gates of Eden, but who thought that Adam and Eve looked cold, so he gave his flaming sword to them.

It's also the story of "The Nice and Accurate Prophesies of Agnes Nutter, Witch", the only work of prediction to be a hundred percent accurate.

And the usual host of Pratchett, and Gaiman, characters.

It is a hoot. One of the funniest book I've read in a long time. I won't pretend that it is a work of greatness, but I love it. I would recommend this book to anyone in the world who enjoys reading and likes a laugh.

No comments: