Saturday, September 27, 2008

Azincourt

Speaking of Books.

In Zermo's Blog recently, D wrote a review of Bernard Cornwell's "The Lords of the North" and I wondered if, having read "LotN" D had read the two books in the Saxon Series that came before it.

I agree with everything that D says about Cornwell's books, but she says it better, so I won't say anything here. However, if you read "Lords of the North" it makes more sense if you have already read "The Last Kingdom" and "Pale Rider"

Anyway, as it does, that led me to go skating on the Internet where I discovered that Cornwell's next book, which is out in England in October is called "Azincourt" (or, in the American edition, Agincourt") and tells the story of the events leading up to that seminal battle from the point of view of an English Archer.

I'm looking forward to it already. I'm salivating.

You might also try Cornwell's Grail Quest Trilogy, "Harlequin", "Vagabond" and "Heretic" which also tell the story of an English Archer loose in France during the Hundred Years War.

The may not be "nice and accurate" but they are a damned good read.

No comments: