Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Aldeburgh

Hmmm. So you can publish a photograph straight out of Picasa into the Blog. This picture is described as large. It doesn't look large to me. Oh well.

So we came back from our Suffolk Holiday last Friday. I just told you that in my previous post. We stayed in a village called Dallinghoo, and if anyone ever reads this, and if anyone who reads it wants a nice place to stay, I can seriously recommend Wheelwrights Cottage. More about that in another, later, post.

On the last day of our holiday we went to Aldeburgh. We have been before. Once, when I was young I might well have hated a place like Aldeburgh. I very much doubt that there is anything to do around there if you are under 18, but then I may be wrong and this is no social commentary.

I love it, now. I adore the sky, it is so immense. I have always lived in hilly areas. Born in the Lake District and now I live in the Dark Peak of Derbyshire. So you go to Suffolk and it is flattish, and gently rolling. Go to the sea coast and the vista opens up over the North Sea. We spent about five hours wandering around, from one end of the village to the other, it doesn't take long.

To the south of the village, or town, there is a Martello Tower which was built to keep the French out! The picture above shows the view back towards Aldeburgh from about half way to the tower.

Now I'm just going to post this. Then I'll try to put a link to my photo album, just so that you can be critical. See you in a bit. (Might be 20 minutes, two days or six years.)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: