Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday Evening

I'll be honest, I don't really feel like writing much today, but it's been a couple of days and I mustn't let things slip again. It's rather murky tonight, a bit damp but not raining at least. I felt really sorry for the eastern coastal states of America yesterday. The news had pictures of the snow in DC. Now, I don't know anyone in Washington, but at the end of the news piece they showed a graphic of the weather covering everything from Washington upwards. I have a friend from College days who works at the University of New Hampshire and lives in, I guess, a small town called Lee. I feel a bit worried for him and his wife. Still, I think that they have a nice house so I'm sure they will be OK. I must remember to email him tomorrow.

Borrrrrrrrrrrris' book, "Lutte Majeur" turned up in the post yesterday afternoon. I haven't "read" it yet, but I looked through it and I have to say that I am very impressed by the drawing skills. I can't comment on the storyline as it's all in French, but then I only ever bought it for Borrrris' drawings. I will comment more on this book in a day or three. However, one very interesting point, for me at least, was the provenance of the book. I originally tried to buy it from Amazon.co.uk but, while admitting that the book existed, they said that they did not know when, if ever, it would be available in England. So I had to buy it from Amazon.fr the French site. I had to pay French prices which Danielle tells me are higher than English prices, and I believe her. However, isn't it interesting that when it arrived on saturday it came from the Amazon Warehouse in Milton Keynes in Buckinghamshire, in an Amazon.co.uk cardboard book cover, delivered by the Royal mail. That book has never been to France but they had the nerve to charge French prices for it. I have a good mind to send them an email of complaint.

Huff!

My knee and ankle meant that today's walk with Jasper was quite short, over a familiar route, and the weather was not very good for photography, so no picture today.

I feel the need to go into Manchester soon. Knee and ankle willing. I love looking at the pictures Danielle takes on the streets of Paris, and I feel the need to go looking for something similar in Manchester.

I'll keep you informed. A tout a l'heure!

No comments: