Sunday, February 15, 2009

And the winner is .............

I have to tell somebody, so I'll tell you all. (That's Danielle and just about nobody else in the entire world.)

We've just won the lottery! Yes, it's true, and if Patricia is reading this at the moment, we really have won. Honestly!

Ten Quid!

Ever since the lottery started we have bought a couple of tickets every Saturday. Then we check the numbers on a Saturday Evening and miss out. You can guarantee it that if we get 22 and 24 then 23 will come up. This afternoon we were looking at nice cars parked outside John Lewis' Incredible Store at Cheadle. I'd love a BMW, I've no idea why, maybe I want to pose as a poseur, who knows. So we keep saying that when we win the lottery I can have one, and a new computer and ............

We never win. But this week ...... On Thursday Night I won a litre of Johnnie Walker Red Label Whisky at Stanley House. (Admittedly I don't drink Whisky, but never mind, it's the thought that counts). So, last night we were out at a Valentine's Dinner in Whitfield (the other side of Glossop) and so I took the litre of Johnny Walker for their raffle. I won a bottle of Epernay's finest soft drink. You know the one Danielle, it comes in a green bottle, bubbles slightly when it comes out and it's manufactured by the Widow Cliquot's Heirs and Successors. Well, not the Widow's actually, in fact I don't recognise the label at all. But it does say Epernay. So hopefully it's a bit better than plain grape juice. And I do drink the big C!

Then we win ten quid on the lottery.

Maybe our luck is about to change.

Maybe we are going to win the Lottery BIGTIME.

Maybe .......................................

What's that OINK OINK OINK sound up in the sky.

Is it a bird, is it a plane, is it Superman..................................................................

No comments: